Exchange Internship Summer 2016
The Exchange is project of Allen Neighborhood Center, a 501(c)(3) organization in Lansing, Michigan. The Exchange (food hub) connects local farmers and food producers with commercial buyers (grocers, restaurants, schools, hospitals, individuals buying in bulk, etc.), and offers growers and food producers with a variety of business-related workshops.
Allen Neighborhood Center’s Exchange is offering 2 unpaid internships this summer. We are able to partner with academic institutions to provide this internship for college credit.
This person will serve as the Exchange Intern who will work with the Allen Market Place Associate Director & Exchange Manager to develop and implement Exchange projects:
- collect information to create farmer/food producer profiles (communicating with growers/food producers)
- coordinate Veggie Box product receiving, packing, inventory, and management
- develop schedule of farmer/food producer workshops, gatherings, and events
- document program efficacy through surveys, attendance sheets, evaluations
- promote workshops/events through social media (AMP Facebook, community calendars, AMP website, etc.)
- Commitment to serve 6-10 hours per week (May – August 2016 or longer, if possible).
- Desire and ability to engage with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income distressed neighborhoods, farmers, and business owners.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience in food systems.
- Excellent computer, written & oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook) and basic photography.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, internship application form and background check consent form (click here) to Volunteer Coordinator, Kat Logan: